To help you get out of the slumps and on your feet again!!
Do I need to pay more attention to:
Exercise? (One of the most important things to do)
Positive, Inspirational reading, songs etc.?
Praying. Ask God or my higher power to protect me from negative and evil influences?
Reading Spiritually healing books, meditating, connecting with your higher power
Food therapy: http://www.jaredstory.com/depression_food_therapy.html (Below is some ideas from their website.)
Highly beneficial nutrients for bringing the body back to balance, giving the body the power to reverse depression, disease, acidity and aging include:
1. Complex carbohydrates in the form of fruits and vegetables which include the most powerful fruits and vegetables: carrot, parsley, beet, broccoli, kale, cabbage, spinach, tomato, apple, orange, pineapple, cranberry, acerola cherries and papaya.
2. Soybeans and soy products
3. Beans, nuts, seeds, dried fruits
4. Whole grains such as brown rice, wild rice, kamut, rye, millet, barley, spelt, quinoa
5. Salmon, white fish, range fed turkey, eggs
6. For sugar, use honey, molasses, cane sugar, stevia
7. Minerals/vitamins – selenium, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, chromium, niacin, Vitamin D, B vitamins – all of which are best derived from food rather than specific supplements. (It is important to understand that supplements may be needed for short term treatment of a depletion, but how do we know when that depletion is filled?)
Homeopathy (*check out the referrals in my website)
Journaling the cause of my depression?
Doing cognitive therapy?
No-Cost inner-circle support? (*This can come from family, friends etc)
No-Cost community support? (*This can some from Church, NAMI, 12-step groups etc.)
Remembering that my higher power can help me and “this too shall pass.”
Accepting things the way they are?
Asking “Do I have total, partial or no-control?”
Vocalizing my grief through groans, moans etc.?
Using oils such as lavender and peppermint?
*No-Cost Support for a time with child care, housework etc.(church, family)
Rereading past cards, notes and positive journal entries
**Trying herbal supplements
*Trying a ponder page
*Reevaluating your expectations
* Trying the depressurizing technique
You may need to get away for a few days
Thanks Thinking: Try writing things you are thankful for
Aromatherapy is easy to apply and is enjoyable
Sunshine – This can be critical for some
Acupressure and massage can be very comforting and insightful
Reading Motivational, supportive books or watch Youtube presentations. Search “motivational”
Professional Support:* Psychiatrist? You may need medication
Professional Support: *Therapist?
Professional Support: *Hypnosis?
Professional Support: **Hospitalization (discuss with your Health Provider)
*Further details are available in My Journey from Darkness to Light
by Patricia Potts
**Free newsletters, blogs and youtube videos available through patriciapotts.com